Crockpot Chili with Veggies! Eat Healthy Without Sacrificing Taste!
This week will start our first installation of Meal Prep Monday! Each week we will be bringing you a delicious meal idea that we have made. We will incorporate breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas. This week brings us a hearty, veggie filled beef and vegetable chili.
This meal is very flexible with what veggies and meat you put in it. Feel free to substitute ground turkey, ground chicken, or chickpeas and kidney beans for the ground beef.
This meal is great on its own, or you can serve it with whole wheat pasta, cornbread or tortillas!
1lb lean ground beef
3 medium zucchini, diced
1 onion, diced
3 bell peppers, diced
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 head of kale, shredded
2 15oz cans of diced tomatoes, drained
1/2- 1c. Water
3tbs chili powder
1tbs cumin 1tbs onion powder
1tbs garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper
Pepper to taste
1. Saute onions, peppers, zucchini and garlic until softened, add to the crockpot
2. In the same pan, add the ground beef and brown, doesn't not have to be cooked through, then add to the crockpot
3. Add the drained tomatoes, shredded kale and water. The amount of water will depend on how well the tomatoes were drained
4. Add in the spice mixture and stir
5. Cook for 3-4 hours on low
6. Serve and top with your favorite toppings. Some of our favorites are cornbread and avocado!